I’ve received lots of feedback from the latest version and this release fixes quite a few bugs. Please note that installing this version requires extra steps, see instructions below.
- Fixed a MySQL error that was triggered by a media upload.
- Minimum word length to index wasn’t enforced properly.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when quick editing a post.
- Improved the handling of punctuation.
- Added an indexing option to manage thousands separators and large numbers better.
- The database is changed.
- Adjusted the default throttle to 300 posts from 500 posts.
- Stopwords can be exported easily.
The database has been changed and the change requires reindexing. However, that’s not enough, as activating this plugin can (and most likely will) cause an error message.
In order to make it work, you need to first empty the database. If you can use phpMyAdmin or a similar tool to directly access the database, I suggest truncating the Relevanssi database (_relevanssi). That’s a simple solution.
If you don’t know how to do that, you can use the “Remove plugin data” button in the Relevanssi user interface. It will remove everything, so make sure you backup your options. Also, if you have changed your stopwords, note the changes. Unfortunately stopwords can’t be exported before the upgrade.
After you’ve cleaned the database, deactivate the old version, upload and activate the new version and reindex. The changes are a pain, I know, but they have a good reason, mainly to prevent duplicate entries from the database. In a large database, it can mean thousands of database rows less in the db.