Relevanssi Premium is finally out of beta and 1.6 is here. I’ve fixed lots of bugs and introduced one new feature in 1.6. This upgrade is highly recommended to all users. Those who want to be extra sure can wait for a week or so, in case there are still some bugs lurking in this release, but as far as I can tell everything works now.
- Fixed a bug that removed ‘à’ from search terms.
- Fixed error notices about undefined $wpdb.
- Fixed errors about deprecated ereg_replace.
- Old post type indexing settings are now imported (this didn’t work in 1.5.13).
- Fixed uninstall to better clean up after Relevanssi is uninstalled.
- Fixed a bug that created bad suggestion URLs with WPML. (Thanks to John Blackbourn)
- Improved s2member support.
- Removed error notices that popped up when quick editing a post.
- Relevanssi can now index drafts for admin search.
- New filter relevanssi_show_matches can be used to modify the text that shows where the hits are made.
- New filter relevanssi_user_index_ok lets you control which users are indexed and which are not.
If you have installed beta versions, this version should appear in the auto upgrade (if you have the correct API key). It’s possible that even after you install 1.6, the plugin page will notify you of the upgrade – at least that’s what happened with the betas. I’m aware of it and if it continues with this version, I’ll see what I can do to fix it.
If you’re still running 1.5.9, you need to install this version the old-fashioned way. Download, deactivate the old version, delete the files and replace them with the new version and activate the plugin. Do not use the WordPress plugin delete or click the “delete plugin data” button in Relevanssi settings.
Enjoy the new features! As always, please let me know if you have any problems or requirements. I’m particularly interested in adding new filters and hooks, as they are a very easy way to add extra functionality to the plugin. If you need a filter, let me know and I’ll add it.
Searching for drafts in admin
As a new feature Relevanssi can now index drafts. Drafts only appear in the search results when searching in the admin dashboard.
Couple of new filters in the plugin… relevanssi_show_matches will let you modify the “show matches” text in the end of the excerpt. It’s pretty obvious. relevanssi_user_index_ok is triggered before each user is indexed. It filters a boolean value and passes the $user variable, so you can use it to fine tune which users end up in the index or not.
If you’re upgrading from 1.5.9, there are couple of more filters and lots of other new features. See the release notes for more details.