1.14 is a major release and includes lots of bugfixes and some new features. Here’s the full list of features:
- Tokenizer was using
mb_strlen(), so word lengths were not calculated properly. If your site uses non-ASCII alphabet, rebuilding the index is a good idea.
- Printing out titles for taxonomy terms didn’t work properly.
relevanssi_the_title()works for that and if you don’t want to echo the title, you can use it like
relevanssi_the_title(false)to make it return the title.
- Small improvement to WPML multilanguage filtering.
relevanssi_user_add_dataonly worked when indexing all users.
- “Undefined index” errors in multisite search were eliminated.
shortcode now supports shortcodes inside it.
- When posts transitioned from “future” to “published” there were some issues with disappearing Relevanssi settings. That’s fixed now.
[watupro]shortcode didn’t work with Relevanssi, so Relevanssi will now bypass it.
- Relevanssi had
the_titlefilter hook calls that were missing the second parameter; that’s now fixed.
- The excerpt-building algorithm is completely rewritten based on work by Ben Boyter.
- The plugin i18n features have been improved slightly.
- New filter:
relevanssi_didyoumean_suggestionlets you modify the Did you mean? suggestion before it’s displayed.
relevanssi_didyoumean()has a new parameter: you can now choose whether the result is echoed out (the default value) or just returned.
- Multisite search had some problems with some Relevanssi variables not changing when the blog was switched. This is now improved, thanks to Teemu Muikku.
- In the search results breakdown, you can now use
%taxonomies%to show the number of matches in categories and taxonomies other than tags and cats, respectively.
- Search results breakdowns now work for taxonomy terms and user profiles.
- Relevanssi supports
id=>parent) to return only post IDs or post IDs and post parents.
The update is highly recommended for all Relevanssi Premium users.