Lots of bug fixes and couple of neat new features in this version.
- Cache truncation was never actually scheduled.
- Index wasn’t updated properly when post status was switched from public to private.
- Made the relevanssi_hide_post custom field invisible.
- Added an option to hide the Relevanssi post controls metabox on edit pages.
- Fixed a bug that prevents search hit highlighting in multiple blog searches.
- Added support for ‘order’ and ‘orderby’ in multiple blog searches.
- Added nonces to various forms to improve plugin security.
- Added support for ‘author’ query variable.
- Added support for searches without a search term.
The searches without a search term is a hot new feature. Check out Using Relevanssi without a search term for more details on how that works.
9 comments Premium 1.7.3
One issue: before upgrading I had 599 documents in the index. After the upgrade and reindexing I only have 76…
Which version did you upgrade from? Are the indexing options correct?
I upgraded from 1.7.2 (latest). Never touched the options, however after seeing the issue I checked all post types and reviewed all options again. I cannot find anything wrong.
So, what is missing?
A little bit of experiment:
– indexing only pages = 65 documents in index
– indexing only posts = 18 documents (I have over 160)
– indexing post and pages = 76 documents (so not 18 + 65)
– changing minimum word length from 4 to 3 in last case = 77 documents
– indexing only custom post types = 0 documents
Went back to 1.7.2
– posts = 168
– pages = 76
– attachments = 254
– custom post types = 100
– all = 598 (correct sum)
– changing from 3 to 4 chars does not change the number of docs in index
I noticed a difference on my site as well, not quite as dramatic though. I’ll have to investigate this, I don’t think I changed anything that would affect indexing…
I have moved to premium for the first time and I can’t get it to index more than 31 of 963 posts even though I am using the default settings. The free version was fine and I have basically just given up on the paid version. What a waste of money!
Well, since you’ve given up with Premium, I refunded you your subscription.