2.2.3 adds a new Premium feature: redirects. This feature allows you to define keywords that will be automatically redirect the user to a certain page.
While this feature is only available for Premium users, this update is still very much worth the while for the users of free Relevanssi. For starters, there’s a fix for a fatal error caused by recent versions of Gutenberg, a massive performance boost for sites using the Did you mean feature and a new, easier way to sort the posts by post type.
- Premium: New Redirects feature lets you redirect keywords directly to specific result pages.
- Premium: English stemmer has been improved a bit.
- Choosing “CSS Style” for highlighting was not possible. That is now fixed.
- Gutenberg reusable block indexing was fatally broken with the latest Gutenberg version. That has been updated.
- Relevanssi now by default respects the WooCommerce “exclude from search” setting.
post__not_instill didn’t work properly, it does now.
- New filter:
relevanssi_comparison_ordercan be used to define the sorting order when sorting the results by post type.
- “Did you mean” process included a very slow query. It is now cached, leading in some cases to massive performance improvements (we’re talking about several seconds here).
- Highlights inside
codeand similar blocks are handled better now.