Relevanssi Premium 1.10.12 has been available as a beta release for a while now, and it seems there are no bugs in it – at least I haven’t heard of anything major. 1.10.12 has significant bug fixes and couple of interesting new features, and is generally recommended to all users.
- Excerpt-building had issues, which are now fixed.
- Punctuation removal now replaces with a space.
- “starrater” short code from GD Star Rating is now disabled in indexing.
- Punctuation removal now replaces invisible spaces with a normal space.
- Division by zero error caused by 0 in posts_per_page is now prevented, and -1 value for posts_per_page handled better.
- Relevanssi doesn’t apply `get_the_excerpt` filters to excerpts it builds any more.
- New filter: `relevanssi_excerpt` lets you modify the excerpts Relevanssi creates.
- Relevanssi now suspends WP post cache while indexing, making indexing a lot more efficient. Thanks to Julien Mession for this one.
- Deprecated function errors in 3.6 removed.
- When search included user profiles or taxonomy terms, Relevanssi would generate lots of MySQL errors. Not anymore.
- New filter: `relevanssi_valid_status` lets you modify the post statuses Relevanssi indexes.
- New filter: `relevanssi_index_taxonomies_args` lets you modify the arguments passed to get_terms() when indexing taxonomies (for example to set ‘hide_empty’ to false).
- Searching by taxonomy ID could confuse two taxonomies with the same term_id. The search is now checking the taxonomy as well to see it’s correct.
- Basic support for Polylang plugin.
- Russian and Italian stopwords are now included, thanks to Flector and Valerio Vendrame.
- Small fix in the way user meta fields are handled.
The new version should be available through auto-update and you can also download it from the download page.