This version fixes some small bugs and adds cool new features. This version is not a mandatory update, but recommended thanks to the bug fixes. I’d recommend some caution with the new features on important sites.
- Relevanssi now stores more data about custom fields and custom taxonomies, allowing more fine-tuned control of results.
- It is now possible to adjust weights for all taxonomies, not just categories and tags.
- There was a bug in custom field indexing that caused all custom field terms get a term frequency of 1.
- There was a bug in custom taxonomy indexing, effects of which are uncertain. Probably nothing major.
- The ‘tag’ (and ‘tags’) query variable now accepts tag names as well as tag IDs. For category names, you can use ‘category_name’.
- Relevanssi can now index user-specified MySQL columns from the wp_posts table.
- It’s now possible to give a weight bonus for recent posts.
For fine-tuning, when using relevanssi_match filter, the $match object passed now contains more information of the hits in custom fields and custom taxonomies.