This version fixes some small bugs and adds cool new features. This version is not a mandatory update, but recommended thanks to the bug fixes. I’d recommend some caution with the new features on important sites.
- Relevanssi now stores more data about custom fields and custom taxonomies, allowing more fine-tuned control of results.
- It is now possible to adjust weights for all taxonomies, not just categories and tags.
- There was a bug in custom field indexing that caused all custom field terms get a term frequency of 1.
- There was a bug in custom taxonomy indexing, effects of which are uncertain. Probably nothing major.
tags) query variable now accepts tag names as well as tag IDs. For category names, you can use
- Relevanssi can now index user-specified MySQL columns from the wp_posts table.
- It’s now possible to give a weight bonus for recent posts.
For fine-tuning, when using relevanssi_match filter, the
$match object passed now contains more information of the hits in custom fields and custom taxonomies.