Relevanssi doesn’t work with everything. Here are some plugin or theme incompatibilities that we are aware of:
Doesn’t work at all
- WP Job Manager (Here’s a fix.)
- NextGen Gallery – NextGen stores all image information in custom tables Relevanssi can’t access. Current versions of NextGen store image metadata in the
wp_postsdatabase so it would be possible to connect the
ngg_picturesposts to the NextGen data stored in the separate table, but it’s complicated.
- FooGallery – Relevanssi can index the images in the galleries, but the galleries themselves are inaccessible to Relevanssi.
- WP File Download – WP File Download overrides Relevanssi post type settings and sets the searched post types to “post, page, wpfd_file”. That can be overridden with a
relevanssi_modify_wp_queryfilter function. Relevanssi is compatible with WP File Download and can read PDF content indexed by WP File Download. The PDF content won’t show up in excerpts.
- Divi – The Search Results Template in Divi simply does not use Relevanssi at all. If you want Relevanssi results with Divi, you cannot use a custom search results template.
- Elementor – The instructions on Customizing the Search Results don’t work with Relevanssi. Like with Divi above, you’ll end up with a template that does not use Relevanssi.
- Beaver Builder – Like with Divi and Elementor, Relevanssi cannot be used within Beaver builder modules, see this thread on WP.org support forums.