Relevanssi doesn’t work with everything. Here are some plugin or theme incompatibilities that we are aware of:
Doesn’t work at all
- BuddyPress and BuddyBoss – there’s no way to override the default search with Relevanssi.
- WP Job Manager (Here’s a fix.)
- NextGen Gallery – NextGen stores all image information in custom tables Relevanssi can’t access. Current versions of NextGen store image metadata in the
wp_postsdatabase so it would be possible to connect the
ngg_picturesposts to the NextGen data stored in the separate table, but it’s complicated.
- FooGallery – Relevanssi can index the images in the galleries, but the galleries themselves are inaccessible to Relevanssi.
- WP File Download – WP File Download overrides Relevanssi post type settings and sets the searched post types to “post, page, wpfd_file”. That can be overridden with a
relevanssi_modify_wp_queryfilter function. Relevanssi is compatible with WP File Download and can read PDF content indexed by WP File Download. The PDF content won’t show up in excerpts.
- Beaver Builder – Relevanssi cannot be used within Beaver builder modules, see this thread on WP.org support forums.
See all plugin compatibility articles in our Knowledge base.